- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 serrano or jalapeno chile pepper
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper- to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium flame. Add the onion, garlic and chile and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the tomatoes and oregano and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool a bit.
- Puree the tomato sauce in a blender until smooth, adding a little water if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste, stir in cilantro.
Story: One of my favorite sauces!!!