- 3 potatoes, boiled, peeled, diced
- 1 can chick peas, drained
- 2 green chillis, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tomato, deseeded, medium chopped
- juice of 1 to 1 1/2 lemons
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix well. Taste and adjust the chilli powder, salt and lemon juice to get a tangy and spicy taste.
- Serve, in individual bowls. This can be served as a starter to a main meal or even as a salad in a Mughlai meal.
Chaat is Pakistan Street Food and literally means “to lick.” Traditionally, this road-side snack was used to serve on a leaf and was so tongue-tickling that one could not resist licking the last morsels from the leaf before discarding it.