- 1 bunch Swiss Chard (chopped)
- 1 head Cabbage (chopped)
- 3 Zucchini (diced)
- 3 or 4 Carrots (chopped)
- 3 or 4 stems Celery (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 huge potato (chopped)
- big handful of parsley (chopped)
- 1 small can of tomato sauce – maybe not all, really just for color
- Cranberry or Pinto Beans
- Pasta of your choice (elbow or macaroni work well)
- Bouillon cubes as needed or chicken broth
- Full pot of water
- In a large pot, saute onion, garlic, celery and carrot in olive oil.
- Then, add all other ingredients into pot and boil for about an hour.
- Garnish with salt, pepper, and freshly grated Parmesan
Minestrone soup is a warm hearty soup that is perfect for when you’re feeling down or need something to warm you up on a cold winter day. There are many ways to make this Italian soup, but this is my favorite recipe, which has been in my family for years. One tip is to use pancetta instead of olive oil, which will give it a great flavor.