- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tbs Red pepper
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 2-3 green chilies chopped
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 small onion sliced and fried till brown
- ¾ white flour
- Take the ground beef and mix in all the ingredients together, make sure all the ingredients are all well distributed into the meat.
- After mixing, put aside a cup of water in where you can damp your hands for making each flat patties of the meat mixture. When your hands are a bit wet, then it gets easier to hold the patties otherwise they fall off easily.
- In a large pan, pour in the oil about the half way and heat it up until the oil is hot.
- Now take the mixture and make flat patties and carefully put it inside the pan. Make sure the oil is hot enough otherwise the patties will break. Fry the patties on each side until its golden brown.
- For extra flavouring, makes some home fries and serve on top of the Chapli Kabobs.
Chapli Kabob is a famous appetizer in the Afghan cuisine. It is especially popular in Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul, where you can find it being sold in the local market streets. Chapli Kabob is everyone’s favourite especially mine because it’s quick and easy to make and it gives you a full satisfaction of eating kabob right at your own home. Every time my mom asks me or any of my siblings what we want for dinner our first choice is always Chapli Kabob.