- 4 ripe plantains, peeled, cut in half crosswise, then lengthwise
- Oil for frying
- Heat about 1/2-inch of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the plantains, a few pieces at a time, and saute until golden browned. Turn and saute the other side.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate and repeat with the rest of the plantains. Sprinkle with a little salt serve hot.
- The plantain can be sliced in round circles.
- Top the plantains with a little brown sugar.
- Other possible garnishes are crumbled queso fresco, grated parmesan cheese, sour cream or seasoned tomato sauce.
This is a typical saturday or sunday breakfast for my dad. For a healthier version of the plantain he puts it in the toaster oven for about 30 minutes.