- lb flour
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ½ butter, melted
- 1 heaped teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup full-fat milk
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- unsalted pistachios powder
- handful edible rose petals
- In a large bowl combine whisked eggs; cooled, melted butter; granulated sugar; pinch of salt and milk and mix them
- Now add the flour in that mixture and make a dough.
- Leave you dough for 10-15 minutes and make sure your dough is not wet or sticky, add more flour if needed.
- Divide dough into two portions, cover with a teacloth or plastic wrap and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Roll out first portion on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin till dough is half a centimetre thick.
- With a cookie cutter (size of your choice) cut out circles and pinch/pleat the sides with your thumb and forefinger so the circle resembles the ear of an elephant.
- Place on parchment paper as you shape them and cover with a teacloth.
- Take the leftover scraps from the cookie cutter and knead it into the second portion of dough.
- Repeat the process of rolling out the dough and cutting out circles, as you did for the first portion.
- 10. Place a wok on medium high heat with enough oil for deep frying. Test with a small piece of dough, if it floats freely to the top, the oil is ready.
- Fry the gosh-e-feel 3-4 at a time , 5-10 seconds on each side till golden brown. Keep transferring to a plate lined with parchment paper or paper towels. Let it cool off
- Lastly sprinkle with powdered sugar, cardamom powder, powered pistachios and rose petals(optional).
Gosh-e-Feel basically means elephant’s ear. Gosh-e-Feel is an easy and quick desert where anyone can make it. Gosh-e-Feel is very special to me because since childhood that was the first thing my mom made me right after dinner as a treat of being good for the day.